Arcam Alpha 9 Replacement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd leave it and wait around for either an Arcam Alpha 9P or 10P power amp :)

Trust me; ive been there and done that and wished i hadnt bought the Delta 290!

A

Anonymous

I am looking for a 9P on ebay., but I am going to demo the naim nait 5i. Any one compared this to the Alpha 9 ?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
With your set-up i dont think youll like the Naim; but that will be your decision when you demo.

I personally dont like the Naim sound, more so when partnered with my RS6 speakers. I find the sound too lean and the treble just sounds wrong.

Naim against Arcam is like chalk and cheese. I reckon if you get yourself a quality example of the Arcam Alpha 9P power amp or the Arcam Alpha 10P power amp; you'll be happy :)

A

Anonymous

Keep your Alpha 9 or upgrade to an Alpha 10. There are a couple of these going for sale on E-bay for below £200.00. Forget about the DiVA range - the Alphas are much better! (IMO)

A

Anonymous

Well I went for an A32 in the end. I have reconfigured the alpha 9 as a power amp and used it on the LF drivers. All Arcams are gain matched so all fine there. The sound is much more detailed BI amping the two. So far I am impressed with the setup

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts