Arcam & Acoustic Energy system upgrade

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm thinking of upgrading my system in the New Year for either a whole new system or for upgraded seperates from Ebay etc... Currently im running Arcam 9 & 9P amps along with an Arcam 9 CD player and Acoustic Energy AESprit 309 speakers (all connected with QED 2 interconnects and Silver Anniversary Bi-Wire speaker cable) I have only just for the 309's but theyre a little too bright for my ears and i dont think they have as good bass control as the B&W speakers i've had before. I have been looking at possibly a new Cyrus 8v2 amp along with B&W 684/683 speakers (with the possibility of the Cyrus power amp) and either the Cyrus 6 or 8 CD player. I could possibly look at the Roksan Kandy III amp which from what ive read looks to be a super amp. What i would like to know is has anyone got experience of this amp with B&W speakers and if so, has anyone heard it with the Roksan power amp also? I may also look to see if i can get Arcam 10 & 10P amps off Ebay along with B&W CDM7 or CDM9 speakers. Anyone got any thoughts on this idea of an upgrade path? I mainly listen to soulful house, Hed Kandi, Leftfield, Underworld, Layo & Bushwacker, Daft Punk, Air, Fischerspooner (ell bassy, electronic music) to Pink Floyd, some metal and rock etc... Thanks for all advice

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Many people like the Alpha series and you have quite a high up in the range set up so choose carefully to avoid side grade.

Cyrus gears sound very different to Arcam (better than Alpha9 imo) but if you are an Arcam's fan, a long demo needed as the Cyrus 8V2 is more full body yet never sound overly smooth....just like drink a pint of Abbot ales when you get used to creamy Boddington.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Well my girlfriends folks have got a Cyrus 6v2 amp, Cyrus 6 CD player and B&W CM7 speakers and they sound fantastic. This is what really got me in to thinking about swapping my system

I'm booked in @ Sevenoaks this Saturday and i'm going to demo the Roksan set-up with B&W 683 and 684 speakers as well as the Cyrus 8v2 amp and CD player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts