Arcam A85/P35 upgrade to FMJ A32 or A38

Smiler73

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Hello all, I currently have an A85 and P35 running in bi amp mode to Rega RS5 speakers, was thinking about upgrading to either an FMJ A32 or A38....do you guys think I will hear much difference or should I not bother??

A

Anonymous

The A85 is a good amp but the A32 is hell of a lot better; and a lot better than the A38 IMO as well

Now, as PP said, the A32 biamped with the P35 would be where the best soundstage is at; this is a superb combo and one I've heard many a time

The problem is finding an A32; they're like hens teeth most of the time

hifilover1979 said:
The A85 is a good amp but the A32 is hell of a lot better; and a lot better than the A38 IMO as well

Now, as PP said, the A32 biamped with the P35 would be where the best soundstage is at; this is a superb combo and one I've heard many a time

The problem is finding an A32; they're like hens teeth most of the time

Ahem... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcam-FMJ-A32-Integrated-Amplifier-Silver-Pre-owned-/160668266964?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item25689331d4

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
The A38 is well worth a demo, IMHO it's Arcam's best ever - very detailed, very deep and focussed bass, great soundstage and '3D effect', lively/pacey without being tiring, excellent vocals, and classical/acoustic instruments sound realistic (recording permitting).

IME, approx 120 hours of run-in is needed before the mid-range detail/texture - which is lush - and low-end bass kick-in.

The A38 might've had a luke-warm review from WHF?, but it was 5-star rated by other 'leading hi-fi publications' (UK and international).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts