ARCAM A19 AND MARANTZ 6005

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

Blackdawn said:
matthewpiano said:
Blackdawn said:
MP, what did you think of the MX2's ?
They are going back. Poor quality control on the finish, and a sound lacking refinement or focus. I was daft to think they'd ever come close to the Dynaudio or Rega speakers I own.

Thats a shame. Worth a try though. They certainly looked as though they could be winners.
I should add they wouldn't be able to hold a candle to your Lektor 2s either. Lovely speakers the Lektor 2s.

iancass

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Back to the Arcam A19, I have heard that amp a few times and thought it was a very decent amp. As suggested before I would look at the speakers. My personal choice with this amp would be Kef or B&W.

manicm

Depending on your needs or power requirements, by all reviews the Marantz PM6005 and CD6005 are made for each other. This is an alternative you should consider, and could save you some quid, would still consider a speaker like a B&W 685s2 with it though, or even a Rega speaker, or Dali Lektor 3

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Too much guessing whats the problem.
Id find a shop that sells your equipment and start demos and swap things and see if you find either the problem or qhat else your looking for as if you just biy a new amp or change the cd you might end up apending loads of money on budget hifi when you could of spent you miney on a worth while upgrage.

I would agree that the dynaudio dm speakers are very good sound and value

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
hi just a quick update eveything is run in now and sounds alot better and iv got some chord cobra phono's which really gave my system a kick in the ass.thanks eveyone for the help THANK YOU

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts