Arcam a 28 or Primare I 21 or Roksan Kandy 2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need advice about buying an new integrated amp. and analogue interconnect.

I have a Arcam cd player 73 T player and speakers from Focal JM Lab Cobalt 816a.

Which amp. is the best for my speakers and which cable i need between cd player and the amp?

Hi

As far as amps go I would certainly plump for the Roksan. The reason is that your CD player (same as me) is brilliant for the money but can be a tad laid back if matched incorrectly. That rules the A28 out. The Primare is similar in that respect, although has a bit more attack than the Arcam.

Depending on your budget, try and pick up a set of Merlin Chopin interconnects. They are very insightful and will give you the transparancy too.

What sound do you prefer? I would certainly audition the Roksan and Primare with your speakers. I haven't personally heard the Colbalt's but their budget and mid-range efforts do err towards the lean side.

Hope this helps.

PP

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answere.

I will go to the dealer and listen to the 2 amps.

My budget for the cable is till 100 pounds.

Which cable from Merlin Chopin your recommend to me at that price?

Kind regards,

Emile from Holland

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the cable company is merlin and the cable name is chopin - think they are on the mk 3 now - type merlin cables in google.

as for amps i run arcam power amp and focal speakers and think it sounds great together - focals can be a bit bright so just stay away from bright electronics - you should be fine with those mentioned above

TRENDING THREADS