Arcam 28 or Nadc355bee

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a choice of secondhand Arcam 28 at 470 pounds or ex-display discontinued Nad c355bee at 260 pounds.

Is the arcam worth that extra 200 odd pounds any help or opinions would be grateful!!!!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Whereas I slightly disagree with this publication about the A38, I found the A28 dull and pedestrian. That was with a variety of speakers. Can't comment on the NAD but something like a 8vs2 from cyrus would give you a much more animation and life for your money. It depends what you want and you may agree with Joel.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:
Whereas I slightly disagree with this publication about the A38, I found the A28 dull and pedestrian. That was with a variety of speakers. Can't comment on the NAD but something like a 8vs2 from cyrus would give you a much more animation and life for your money. It depends what you want and you may agree with Joel.

Fair comment. I was going to say do you want immediate impact or hours of listening pleasure, but Arcam and Nad both give the latter, whereas Cyrus would tend towards the former.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
No problem with fatigue-free listening/pleasure with the cyrus system I had Joel but also agree that some Arcam products are nice.

It all depends on a lot more than just the amplifier.

As always, my opinion only.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts