Apple Watch a flop?

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I've been Useing the apple watch for the last month or so and its grown on me every day I've used it.

its really hard to put your finger on exactly why it's so handy but I really like it,I keep finding little things that improve its use,but I think most of all it actually enhances my phone while detaching me from it (if that makes any sense) my phone spends much more time in my pocket or on the cradle than in my hand without me missing a message or a call or alerts from e-bay and such.

it hasn't completely replaced my regular watch but I definitely wouldn't be without it.....any thought of trying it for a couple of months and moving it on are long gone.

i will admit it is over priced,but most new tech is.....I remember paying £260 for my first Apple TV (that's still in use now)but at the end of the day it's only money and you can't take it with you ;-)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I can't even raise enthusiasm for an actual wristwatch let alone an Apple Watch.

I would like a nice Swiss made chronometer as a 'thing' in itself, an ornament, to look at it's inner workings and marvel (I love exquisite, precise, mechanical objects), but that would be a total waste of money and i'd probably never wear it.

I am not rich enough to just buy things (of that kind of value) just to touch them or look at them. Anything - materially - nice in my life has to have a use as well. I don't 'do' jewelry.

An Apple Watch neither looks nice nor seems to have any use (to me at least) and costs too much.

D

Deleted member 2457

Can you ever see Apple going belly up though?

D

Deleted member 2457

carter said:
i will admit it is over priced,but most new tech is.....I remember paying £260 for my first Apple TV (that's still in use now)but at the end of the day it's only money and you can't take it with you ;-)
Thats my moto!

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Thats my moto!
Moto? I thought you were an Apple guy!
wink_smile.gif

moto360_default-1024x576.jpg

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Superaintit said:
bigboss said:
Some reports suggest Apple watch sales have dropped 90%.

Clicky.

A website called Fool.com basing it's claims not on sales data but on search data. I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

Clicky 1

"In the US Apple is reportedly selling just 20,000 watches each day in the US compared to the 34,000 phones sold every hour worldwide. " Comparing US sales with worldwide, watch sales with phones, apples with pears.

Clicky 2

"Slice analysis paints a pretty dire picture of the Apple Watch popularity so far, but we'd advice taking the numbers with a pinch of salt.

Apple Insider pointed out that The resrearch firm's estinate of Iphone sales was in the past quarter was off by 6 million units, or more than 10 percent.

For example, the Apple Watch continues to far outsell fitness-tracking devices from the likes of Fitbit and Jawbone, and Apple Insider noted that they far exceed sales of Samsung Galaxy wearables. "

Clicky 3

This site is pretty much repeating the same 'facts' again, which happens a lot on the internet.

I respect you very much as a person, but your analysis is incorrect.

Superaintit said:
bigboss said:
Superaintit said:
bigboss said:

Clicky.

A website called Fool.com basing it's claims not on sales data but on search data. I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

Clicky 1

"In the US Apple is reportedly selling just 20,000 watches each day in the US compared to the 34,000 phones sold every hour worldwide. " Comparing US sales with worldwide, watch sales with phones, apples with pears.

Clicky 2

"Slice analysis paints a pretty dire picture of the Apple Watch popularity so far, but we'd advice taking the numbers with a pinch of salt.

Apple Insider pointed out that The resrearch firm's estinate of Iphone sales was in the past quarter was off by 6 million units, or more than 10 percent.

For example, the Apple Watch continues to far outsell fitness-tracking devices from the likes of Fitbit and Jawbone, and Apple Insider noted that they far exceed sales of Samsung Galaxy wearables. "

Clicky 3

This site is pretty much repeating the same 'facts' again, which happens a lot on the internet.

May I refer you to the thread title, paying particular attention to the question mark. :)

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Superaintit said:
bigboss said:
Superaintit said:
bigboss said:

Clicky.

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

Clicky 3

May I refer you to the thread title, paying particular attention to the question mark. :)

Do you honestly want to let my believe you knew all the way while you were defending an opposite point of view in the posts before? I think you're underestimating your fellow forum members.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
carter said:
I've been Useing the apple watch for the last month or so and its grown on me every day I've used it.
Not really had a flicker of interest in one but your experience and story might be very telling. At my age and a gadget man in the past I realise I've reached a time in my life where I'm starting to large behind in bleeding edge gadgets. I remember drawing and talking about my requirements for a 7-8" thing like my iPhone 3 without the telephone bit 1-2 years before the iPad launched.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts