Apple TV to stream MP3s?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for the best way of accessing my vast amount of MP3s on my main PC through my new AV setup which is in a different room of the house. I had looked at QNAP servers but then I came across Apple TV on the forums here and having checked it out at the local Mac store it looks amazing for the relatively low cost. I already have an iPhone 4 and I use iTunes to manage my music so am I right in saying that I simply connect the Apple TV to the AV Receiver via HDMI, hardwire the Apple TV to the router which sits beside it anyway and when I switch the PC on I can use my iPhone App to control my iTunes library on the PC and play it through the surround sound? Is seems like it is very straightforward but having tried setting up Windows Media Centre with my Xbox 360, what is supposed to be simple can result in a waste of a weekend! ? Has anyone else used this setup before?

Paul.

I would add, It is that simple, as long as you have a decent router... It was unstable with the Talktalk Huwai freebie router, got a decent D-link router and it was rock solid.

A

Anonymous

Good to know cheers. I've also got a Dlink so shouldn't be an issue!

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes it is a Fantastic way to listen to music, I have the older TV on my main system and have not turned my CD player on for months, if you only what to listen to music then the Airport Express is an Alternative option works in the same way just no video, You can usually get refurbed ones delivered from apple for around £60, I have one of these running on WiFi in the Dining room.

If you have a Half decent Amp you want to make sure the MP3's are good quality rips higher the bit-rate the better (lossless obviously being the best), if they are downloads then you have what you have.

TRENDING THREADS