Apple Music Distorts Badly

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all... posting here due to lack of traffic everywhere.

Recently, my Apple Music playback has been heavily distorted after around 30 minutes listening.

All other sources are working fine, and I am running the latest version of iOS on my phone (11.4).

Has anyone else experienced this, or indeed solved the issue?

Thanks....

insider9

chris_bates1974 said:
Hi all... posting here due to lack of traffic everywhere.

Recently, my Apple Music playback has been heavily distorted after around 30 minutes listening.

All other sources are working fine, and I am running the latest version of iOS on my phone (11.4).

Has anyone else experienced this, or indeed solved the issue?

Thanks....

Are you sure the issue is with a streaming service?

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've only had the issue whilst playing Apple Music.

All other amp inputs can play as long as they like with no issues....

The sound is like when your old radio would not be tuned quite right.

insider9

Have you tried to rule out other components? It's really weird that it happens after a certain amount of time which is just enough for a components to over heat causing distortion. If it was done by streaming service I'd expect the issue to exist on specific tracks or parts of and there would be no need to wait half hour.

Worth adding, I very much hope I'm wrong about this and it's simply a glitch.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have tried other components - the CD player, and TT (operating through the Rega Phono MMmkII) are both playing flawlessly. The strange thing about this Apple Music issue is that it is track agnostic. It just happens after a period of time listening, whether to an album, or a playlist, and whether streamed or played from offline downloads. I'm beginning to suspect somehting is going wrong in the AEX, but can't find any info.

The next thing I am going to try is headphones in the phone and see if the same problems occur... Then it'll be a whole can of worms open!!!

insider9

When it starts to happen try to Airplay anything other than Apple Music to your AEX. If it still happens the issue is either with Airplay itself or AEX. I'd then suggest restarting your iPhone and try again. I've not had much luck with Airplay in the past, but know many people use it.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
The next thing I am going to try is headphones in the phone and see if the same problems occur... Then it'll be a whole can of worms open!!!
That would have been the first thing I'd have tried, to be honest. You can't find the cause without eliminating the variables one by one.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Try resetting the router and your streamer to see if it’s a network issue and on some streamers there is a bandwidth setting and sometimes if your internet not the fastest in the world and the bandwidth is set to high it can cause distortion when your playing back your music .

also look at the iTunes settings to see what quality your playing back and the last resort delete iTunes and reinstall it .

I think it’s a network bandwidth issue myself

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

I can be certain it is not a bandwidth issue - I have over 50M broadband, and 95%+ of the music I play through ApplePlay is downloaded and stored locally on the phone.

Will investigate the other issues over the weekend....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts