Apple Ipad at discounted price - anyone heard this

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I`m sure I heard that Apple are knocking up to £2-300 off their Ipads before christmas, my son in law reckons he heard the same as well

anyone else heard about this or was I just dreaming

Al

A

Anonymous

Three, Orange and Tmobile are apparently going to offer the ipad before Xmas at c£200 but there will be the "catch" of having to subscribe to a data plan for XX months.

Apple products are rarely discounted heavily but the latest 8gb Nano is currently £30 off (£99) on Amazon so its always worth hunting around.

A

Anonymous

Not surprising really, as there will be a new ipad by the end of January I hear avec camera!

A

Anonymous

But still not flash or java ,one or the other. also no HDMI.

Who cares about the camera, mac are stupid, Say cheese with my big square camera... I have a Panasonic TZ10 for that, or my mobile, which does great 5m pixle

A

Anonymous

canada16:
But still not flash or java ,one or the other. also no HDMI.

Who cares about the camera, mac are stupid, Say cheese with my big square camera... I have a Panasonic TZ10 for that, or my mobile, which does great 5m pixle

iPad doesn't have a camera.

A

Anonymous

The general opinion aroudn the Mac forums/fan sites is that Ipad 2 is imminent in the new year, they are suggesting Jan/Feb release dates and there is a Mac event on 5th January I've read somewhere, also the no 1 rumour is that ipda2 sill have a camera for facetime, so if it were my money and I didnt need it I'd wait.

Paul.

I've got an iPhone 4 and I used facetime on release day, and haven't touched it since. Last time before that was in 2003 on an NEC 3g phone, tried it out once and never bothered again until facetime. So im not too excited about an iPad camera.

I would consider upgrading my iPad if it had a higher resolution display, (as a photographer I use it as my portfolio) but I cant see it getting a retina display as pixel count would be insane (2530x1897 pixels)

staggerlee

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
The rumour is that vodafone and carphone warehouse etc are going to sell ipad with dataplans. As such the ipad may cost £200-£300. with a 18/24 month data plan - similar way iphone are discounted by phone companies. I very much doubt Apple stores will be discounting ipads as they never do discounts.

A new ipad is due in April, in line with the Apple strategy . The last ipad came out in April - so 12 months is the norm.

marcus_h

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
The trouble with the deals via Orange et co is that you must get the 3G version, which are more expensive. The whole package over 24 months is quite a lot (though maybe easier than slapping down £500 in one go.

If you can, pick one up in the US or Canada - in the US they start at £320, and in Canada t at £345+tx.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts