Anything interesting from Santa?

Nothing no the hifi or AV front - I lack the patience to wait when I know I'm buying. One thing though, with a brief story.

I went to see Star Wars as a kid, and tried to build a Millennium Falcon out of Lego afterwards. It was rubbish - blocky and looked more like a roof than the spaceship of my fevered imaginings. I recall looking at the finished item and realising that I had learned the meaning of the word 'disappointment'.

Flash forward to my birthday this year, and Mrs 12th bought me a present which was labelled 'to set right a long-standing wrong', and it was a Lego Millennium Falcon kit. Took hours to assemble (during which time I was happily in a world of my own), and the finished thing sits in my office. For Christmas, I got a lighting kit, which involves a small amount of disassembly and reassembly, and this is the end result:

Optimized-IMG_20211228_114225872.jpg

My inner child is very pleased...

Tinman1952

Purely out of curiosity Santa brought me a MOSFET pure CFDB67F6-3EA9-4AE6-858E-1F7DE12F7D6A.pngClass A power amp based on John Linsley Hood's 1969 design. His sleigh travelled 10,000 miles in 3 days and arrived Christmas Eve 🙂
Solid aluminium case and sounds really excellent. You simply will not believe what it cost him......🤔
😀
Any guesses...?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts