Anyone tried Tiscali TV/broadband/phone?

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
My Humax/Freeview reception is lousy, because of 75% signal strength via standard roof aerial, & I'm too mean to fork out for a digital-aerial instal (plan to sell/move within a couple of years).

Noticed that Tiscali is doing a broadband/landline/TV (incl a HDMI-compatable PVR; all Freeviews + Sky 1/Arts & FX) package for £25/pm (includes line rental). As this actually works out £15/yr less than my current broadband/landline/line rental package, I'm very tempted.

Is anyone else using this Tiscali package, is it any good? (TBH, it all sounds too good to be true.)

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I think they have been voted the worst company in the UK.

They were either 1 2 or 3 place out of 10.

I would not touch them.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
roger06:canada16:

I would not touch them.

Nor me. I used to use a brilliant small / independent ISP who got taken over by Tiscali who subsequently ruined them.

Thanks for replies, roger06 & canada16.

Feeling a tad apprehensive re Tiscali TV (TTV), although since summer '09, Tiscali was bought by TalkTalk/Carphone Warehouse group. Allegedly, the latter have/are starting to rectify the former's problems - maybe not?

Also, just learnt that TalkTalk are partners with the BBC, ITV, BT, Five & Channel 4 in Project Canvas, which, similar to TTV, will be an 'Internet Protocol Television standard'. Therefore, perhaps TalkTalk will make an extra effort with Tiscali TV - I doubt they would want TTV to '*** the pitch' for Project Canvas?

Might be worth a punt?

Info re Project Canvas's greenlight from the BBC Trust:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8426104.stm

[EDIT] For Gawd's sake! Why does the WHFS&V? forum-programme censor the word 'qu*er', as in '*** the pitch', above? Since when has the word 'qu*er' been a profanity? 'Qu*er' has been in the Oxford & Cambridge dictionaries for 100s of years!

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi There

I have the full package from tiscali & have never had a single issue with anything. I have had their internet/phone (inc free line rental) & tv package for 3 years now & its done exactly as it says on the tin. It is a bargain for the money, its just there are not a huge array of channels over what freeview can offer - but free calls, free line rental & free 160gb smart little recordable box, wireless router & can have 4 ethernets plugged in - its a good deal. The tiscali tv box is hdmi & offers a very good picture over a scart connection.

Be warned though, you still need an aerial to get some channels & to record them & the other channels are down your phone line.

They have just started to announce that they are showing HD movies in their 'box office' type channel - so the box must be able to do HD as standard - not having to pay extra like sky.......

However I also have skyHD ;-) simply because i got a nice panny G10 full HD tv!

A

Anonymous

Hi not sure about Tiscali Tv but Broadband is very good getting a good constant download speed at 6.5Kbs and I am more than pleased with the phone service they offer all calls 24/7 and line rental for less than £20 a mnth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts