Anyone thinking about the Oppo 203 4K Blu Ray player?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I am thinking about treating myself to one as a Xmas present, how about you? Where are you thinking about purchasing one from? Cheers.

Mtenga

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
I am thinking about treating myself to one as a Xmas present, how about you? Where are you thinking about purchasing one from? Cheers.

I was but the Xbox One S is proving to be as good a UHD player as the previous Samsung and Panasonic players I had. At least it will be when the bitstreaming update comes in the New Year. At 600 the Oppo now just looks way overpriced.

D

Deleted member 2457

Mtenga said:
gel said:

I was but the Xbox One S is proving to be as good a UHD player as the previous Samsung and Panasonic players I had. At least it will be when the bitstreaming update comes in the New Year. At 600 the Oppo now just looks way overpriced.
Cheers for the reply, I am guessing you have an upto date amp too? I haven't tried the Xbox one s but was tempted by the price though. If it would connect with my old Pioneer amp I would try the Xbox S too. I have tried the Samsung and the Panasonic too. Cheers.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Looking forward to the player, given the price point i'd be happy to pay the 600. Also can act as network player but i understand i can use my shield to manage the library and use the oppo for the video processing.

Mtenga

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Mtenga said:
gel said:

Cheers for the reply, I am guessing you have an upto date amp too? I haven't tried the Xbox one s but was tempted by the price though. If it would connect with my old Pioneer amp I would try the Xbox S too. I have tried the Samsung and the Panasonic too. Cheers.

Yes I'm using a Denon X7200WA. I paid £237 and consider it a steal. Wacks the 600 I paid for the dreadful Panasonic.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I am thinking about treating myself to one as a Xmas present, how about you?  Where are you thinking about purchasing one from?  Cheers.  
Yes. However since yourself and other expressed doubts about the value of 4k and hdr I begin to have my doubts.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes i will get the oppo 4k if and when i get a 4k tv.

Does anyone know how quiet they operate as my panasonic 320 bluray is very noisy.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Not getting a UHD BDP until there are a few UHD BDs aimed at the over -21 (age and / or IQ) market.

Batman vs the Rothienorman Bag Pipe Band just doesn't work for me.

D

Deleted member 2457

Superaintit said:
gel said:
Yes. However since yourself and other expressed doubts about the value of 4k and hdr I begin to have my doubts.
Just watched this YouTube clip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Di1LdgwKl7k

D

Deleted member 2457

I have provisionally pre-ordered one now, just waiting on a few more details. Still not sure I am doing the right thing though.

D

Deleted member 2457

No, it's a Xmas present, so no sale or returns. Damn it!
regular_smile.gif

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
For a few days now, if you visit Oppo's UK website, the only Blu-ray model listed is the impending UDP-203 but; if you seek out the USA website the 103 & 105 models are still shown as being available.

Probably just an error, or maybe something else...........

D

Deleted member 2457

Joe10155 said:
For a few days now, if you visit Oppo's UK website, the only Blu-ray model listed is the impending UDP-203 but; if you seek out the USA website the 103 & 105 models are still shown as being available.

Probably just an error, or maybe something else...........
Oooo interesting I will link to that and keep an eye on it. Thanks.

http://www.oppodigital.co.uk/UDP-203.html

D

Deleted member 2457

I don't think I will buy the Oppo now, I think I am going to wait until next year and get a newer Samsung with Dolby Vision, when the price comes down to about £200.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
no dolby vision content

there will be summer 2017, so there's not much harm buying a dv player couple months ahead of the discs. i would understand if there was something like a 4-6 month wait that would be silly. as prices come down

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts