Anyone own or listened to Wharfedale Reva 3 or 4?

Squall Leonhart

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
There is no shortage of reviews for the standmounts in the Reva series but I cant find anything on the floorstanders. Has anyone heard either the Reva 3 or Reva 4 and what did you think to them?

rainsoothe

Hi. I had both Reva 2 and Reva 3 on home dem. I don't know if they were properly run in, but I quite liked some things on them. The way they portray music is smooth/airy, meaning a bit polite. I felt there was no oomph to the bass, but that might have had something to do with my DNM Reson speaker cable, which has somewhat rolled off bass and (to a lesser extent) treble response.

In the store, driven by Hegel H80, the Reva seemed to be doing better on the bass, with QED XT40. You should dem, but I liked the presentation of the Jade 3 way more then the Reva 2. Jade 3 is a pretty big (deep) sandmount, and requires some juice to be made to sing propprely, but even a bit underpowered they sounded better to me. You should demo for yourself, the Reva is a very liquidy and inviting sounding speaker, and that part of what it does is gorgeous. But don't look to them for punch and excitement (imo)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts