Anyone know if an Arcam rCube could be used as a DAC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm still working my way through the plethora of choice, opinions and auditioning before deciding whether to upgrade my system which is currently in storage.

One thing I do know is that if I want to access most of my music I will need a DAC but don't want to commit to one until I decide what to do about changing my amp and speakers which date back 20 years or so.

Does anybody know if I could link my rCube into the back of my amp to use it as a (temporary) DAC in the meantime?

Would appreciate your thoughts please.

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
There doesn't seem to have a digital input, unless you were to use the wireless USB adapter. Though it also doesn't seem to have any line outs on it, how exactly are you planning on plugging it into you amp? (I'm only going on google images pictures here). Others, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but I can't see a way around it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Ryan, I'm away from home at the moment so couldn't check it and it was bugging me to know. I had hoped it would have a line out which might make it work but sounds like I'm scuppered. Still, all the more reason to pay some attention to the DAC forums.

Appreciate your response.

jakesterboy

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, another option would be to go for the new Arcam rLink which has USB, coaxial and optical digital inputs and a pair of stereo RCA outputs
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts