Anyone interested in antiques?

And any salvage. Quite often rummage around these shops, some of the rubbish I've picked up. My latest acquisition is a door bell that has a MK2 Land Rover on the top. It weighs a ton and is so noisy. It looks like this:

Mrs P's dad used to own a antiques shop specializing in oil paintings. I'm no expert but quite enjoy it.

Attachments

• 20230622_232131.jpg
    20230622_232131.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 7

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
And any salvage. Quite often rummage around these shops, some of the rubbish I've picked up. My latest acquisition is a door bell that has a MK2 Land Rover on the top. It weighs a ton and is so noisy. It looks like this:

Mrs P's dad used to own a antiques shop specializing in oil paintings. I'm no expert but quite enjoy it.
Ha ha, love it. I'm a collector of Antiques. I love all things old apart from Hi Fi and Cars....well...sort of. Some might accuse me or liking antique CD players, but that aside I admire the craft, the know how, the sense of aesthetic beauty that went 8nto the design and production of old ceramics, glass, furniture... Objects d'art. I have many objects that I consider beautiful. And it's not just the objects themselves, it's the thoughts of the men and women who made them, sometimes taking years and years to learn their craft. It's a world that's disappearing. And when those skills have gone, they might never come back. But, I'll shut up now.😂

Reactions: WayneKerr
Ha ha, love it. I'm a collector of Antiques. I love all things old apart from Hi Fi and Cars....well...sort of. Some might accuse me or liking antique CD players, but that aside I admire the craft, the know how, the sense of aesthetic beauty that went 8nto the design and production of old ceramics, glass, furniture... Objects d'art. I have many objects that I consider beautiful. And it's not just the objects themselves, it's the thoughts of the men and women who made them, sometimes taking years and years to learn their craft. It's a world that's disappearing. And when those skills have gone, they might never come back. But, I'll shut up now.😂
We have a nice early 20th century hexagonal card table we use for putting mugs of tea on.

Mrs Ps dad purchased a lovely old oak bookcase which is sitting proud in our living room. Crystal cut wine glasses from the 1950s, which never gets used.

Love classic and vintage cars. In our village they are out in droves in the summer months. Here's just a few.

Attachments

• 20220708_134539.jpg
    20220708_134539.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220424_145516.jpg
    20220424_145516.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210615_134208.jpg
    20210615_134208.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 5

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts