Anyone heard the Focal 908s

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
thanks for that - just bought a pair of ex display ones off ebay with the matching stands but not heard them, impulse buy!!!!! now just hoping they sound fantastic especially the mids and high frequencies - i know they don't go particularly low but hoping not an issue

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:thanks for that - just bought a pair of ex display ones off ebay with the matching stands but not heard them, impulse buy!!!!!

Good man! Impulse buying makes it all the more exciting! They seem like very nice speakers and I love the look of them too!

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
"Impulse buying makes it all the more exciting!"

Yeah but they have a tendency to go wrong, especially with speakers. Ive had one impulse buy and thats one too many. Luckily the dealer had a money back policy.

With regards to the profiles 908 i thought they were ok. Like you say very little welly down below. Hope you like them though!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
yeah me to - i have ma rs8s currently so expect a massive difference in sound guess depends which i decide i like most - lthough am thinking about keeping both sets anyway for different listening

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
focals make for a very relaxed listening.I like them very much,though i haven't heard that model.love the V series .Guess u can't go wrong with those.keep them both.I would if I could:) but then...I would neverknow what to system I would listen through.Got to love audio...drives me mad though

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well my speakers arrived yesterday - not quite as mint as i hoped but still in pretty good condition - got a couple of hours play time in yesterday before having to hide them away so the misses didn't see them. initial impressions are very good - very sweet treble - great sound stage, very capable of filling a room with sounds although a little bass light but the stands are hollow and not mass loaded at present and a little far out in to the room so have ordered some atabites and when repositioned i am hoping this will add to the low end thump.

Vocals and instruments sound super clear and crisp - i'm notice high frequency details that i have never heard before on some recordings - will need to give them an extended listen shortly but I promissed i wouldn't buy anything for while!!! need a cover storey!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts