Anyone have any experience running the Monitor Audio Rs6s with Arcam 18s or any of the Nads?

A

Anonymous

Just want to know what people think of this combo... (sound quality, price effectiveness etc.).

MoData:Just want to know what people think of this combo... (sound quality, price effectiveness etc.).

In a nutshell, excellent.

I've heard the FMJ A18 with PMC and Usher speakers, and compared to DIVA range it has a little more detail and insight, but to my ears it isn't quite as musical. That said, Arcam and the older silver range doesn't get universal approval on this forum. Personally, I think it's fabulous. Don't take my word, listen to the combo (if poss) and decide for yourself.

Good luck

A

Anonymous

I can audition the Rx6s with the Arcams, but not with the Nads. The Nads cost half as much as the Arcams though.

Anyone that has tried the MA Rx6 with the Nads?

A

Anonymous

MoData:

I can audition the Rx6s with the Arcams, but not with the Nads. The Nads cost half as much as the Arcams though.

Anyone that has tried the MA Rx6 with the Nads?

yea i had a nad c326bee with rx6's, the nad certainly had enough power for them, but for me the bass was too strong, and the resulting sound wasn't as open as i would have liked, so i tried a marantz pm6003 and found it better, i felt the mid range was easier to listen to as it wasn't being overshadowed by the bass, the nad was just as detailed but again the bass being so prominent sometimes veiled that a tad too..
i switched to a more powerful marantz pm7000 after and that seemed to suit me best, but my room is quite bare and very reflective with few soft furnishings, in a different room perhaps all three amps would have sounded different...

A

Anonymous

Just curious: how does hardness/softness of furniture impact the bass? (and the treble, mid ranges). If you can point me to some resources to read up on this, that would be great too.

Also, how much should I budget to spend on cables?

A

Anonymous

MoData:
Just curious: how does hardness/softness of furniture impact the bass? (and the treble, mid ranges). If you can point me to some resources to read up on this, that would be great too.

Also, how much should I budget to spend on cables?

hi, im not saying the differences i found between the amps were because of my room acoustics, they were differences in characteristics between the amps..

many people also find the c326bee to be too bassy for their tastes, however if the combo was setup in a room with carpets,curtains,cushions, lots of soft furnishings etc then some of that bass may be absorbed by them, and the nad rx6 combo may sound better, but i still think you would need to be a real bass lover to like that combo..

i think some cheap copper speaker cabling and cheap interconnects are fine..

A

Anonymous

At the store, the salesman was recommending solid copper core cables (US $200 for two cables), and saying I shouldn't go for stranded kind. Not sure if it'll make that much difference in this price range. I'll probably just pick up some regular cable.

In terms of the sound, I've got a NAD 326 showing up at my place in a few days. I'll hear it and let you know what I think.

The arcam A18 sounded fine too, but is double the price. :-(

A

Anonymous

I'll try auditioning to the Arcam A18, Marantz PM 8004 as well as the Nad 326 again. I'll post what I find.

If you've got tips about what I should listen for, that would be great too.

A

Anonymous

Unfortuantely, the dealer only had the Marantz 5004. The 600x is not available in the US. The 5004 sounded good, (probably better than the Arcam at double the price), but the sound stage wasn't wide.

The Marantz 8003 didn't get very good reviews on Hifi. Maybe the 8004 is going to be better? It's the same price as the Arcam A18.

A

Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone's tried the Rs6/Rx6 with Nad 356Bees? Are they as bottom heavy as the Nad 326bees?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts