Anyone for a new portable Cassette player??

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
kids collect cassettes but no one plays them. Indie bands have been selling them for the last 10 years or so ago, and more recently Haim & Lana Del Rey have released cassettes with 4 unique covers that you buy as a set, or a signed cassette free with a bundle of vinyl & t-shirt etc.

I’ve got an REM radio free Europe Walkman from when they reissued their first single on original formats.

kids collect cassettes but no one plays them. Indie bands have been selling them for the last 10 years or so ago, and more recently Haim & Lana Del Rey have released cassettes with 4 unique covers that you buy as a set, or a signed cassette free with a bundle of vinyl & t-shirt etc.

I’ve got an REM radio free Europe Walkman from when they reissued their first single on original formats.
Aha! Now we know who is buying them.... :)

Oxfordian

I well remember Cassettes, my entry into the world of music was via my parents tape deck, on a secure wall shelf connected up to the radiogram, Sunday evening recording the top 20, bliss.

But so so many issues, mostly around the need to carry an HB hexagonal pencil with you wherever you went to wind the damn tape back into the cassette.

I cannot count the number of times I had to extract the tape out of the car's tape deck, carefully teasing it out so that the tape didn't get ruined.

What I do know is that if I'd had a single solitary £1 for every occasion I used that HB pencil, then at this moment Jeeves the butler would be bringing me my lunchtime martini whilst I watch people playing in the sea from my beachfront house somewhere hot and sunny.

No, I won't be rushing out to buy one, a great idea at the time but not for today.

Compact Cassettes and long evenings trying to compile my favourite tracks and passing them on to the girl who's caught my eye and despite my best endeavours I get "Wha' dis she'eet". Always have a pencil for manual rewinding.
Always found that the pencil was only necessary when using a cassette in a different player due to different tensions applied, strange really as this is what they were designed for.... :cool:

Reactions: Jasonovich

Dom

Picture removed.
The Fiio Walkman must be a joke. This is why I posted an AI Generated picture of an Apple Walkman. My picture is a bit of fun, nothing more but your thread is a lot of non-sense.

Last edited:
Picture removed.
The Fiio Walkman must be a joke. This is why I posted an AI Generated picture of an Apple Walkman. My picture is a bit of fun, nothing more but your thread is a lot of non-sense.
I doubt a sponsored AI generated image has anything to do in this respect other than advertising a certain manufacturer which is why I asked you to remove it otherwise I would have as spam.
I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the item I mentioned is a joke. Please justify your statement.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
This was my twin Sansui cassette deck back in the 8ighties - I can't remember the model but sure do recognise the lighted sound meter bars. We question the fidelity of the sound but they were pretty cool

1702055521014.png

Reactions: Al ears

Dom

Please justify your statement.
There's a lot of mis information on the web. Or products that will never come to market that should be taken with a pinch of salt. I have no evidence whether this is either fake or real. Are you talking about this:
cmlajzu56g4c1.jpg

Reddit: FiiO is commemorating Sony First walkman by launching FiiO CP13 cassette player.

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
D

Deleted member 201267

Reactions: Jasonovich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts