Anybody heard of this company

D

Deleted member 2457

Interesting place lobby, how did you find them?

Is that all brand new stock?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Personally I'd avoid any site without a physical address and a phone number for contact. Not to mention an address being required by distance selling regs...

And if it seems to good to be true...

D

Deleted member 2457

nads:99.9999% Scam site.

What makes you say that?

The too good to be true prices?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

While I couldn't be as certain as nads clearly is, personally I'd avoid any site without a physical address and a phone number for contact.

And if it seems to good to be true...

Snap

scene

Warning: There are some very worrying on-line comments about the website. Among others, people have checked their claimed Euronics and Retra membership, both have apparently never heard of these people.

I'm just doing some further research - they sound to good to be true.

OK - everyone else seems to have seen the same - 'nuff said.

nads

the fact that it is a new site, no address info and the power of Google.
emotion-5.gif

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Was about to help out another member of the forums on current prices and decided to check out the Sony befopre advising them.

A

Anonymous

these sites are common and the police have been trying to crack down on them. I believe they are organised crime related and various websites are used across various high end categories.

AVLee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
woollyjoe:

various websites are used across various high end categories.

what exactly do you mean by this? it just sounds like your pretending to be 'in-the-know' about this. verbal padding

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew - it might be an idea to stick a "NOTE FROM MODERATOR - this site is apparently dodgier than a Tory expsenses claim" in the original post, in case some poor fule clicks on the link without reading the rest of the thread.

G

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:Andrew - it might be an idea to stick a "NOTE FROM MODERATOR - this site is apparently dodgier than a Tory expsenses claim" in the original post, in case some poor fule clicks on the link without reading the rest of the thread.

I think the rest of the thread makes the opinions clear, and I fear your analogy would not play too well with our Lord and master
emotion-5.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:apparently dodgier than a Tory expsenses claim

In the interests of polictical balance, the three MPs being prosecuted for their expenses claims are all members of the Labour Party or were until the whip was withdrawn...

Lord Hanningfield, also being prosecuted, IS a Tory peer however.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard: Personally I'd avoid any site without a physical address and a phone number for contact. Not to mention an address being required by distance selling regs...

And the fact that it's just a Wordpress page, which anyone can set up for free.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:Apologies. prosecutions aside, moat-maintenance and duck lodgings are what swing it for me!

Neither of which have been deemed to be illegal it seems.

I don't really want to get into this but there are two points which simultaneously amuse and infuriate me about the expenses "scandal":

Firstly, the idea that all those people "outraged" by MPs' expenses claims wouldn't have done exactly the same thing in their position is ludicrous. I'd say at least 90% of the public, upon receiving a phone call from their employer asking "Do you realise you haven't claimed sufficient expenses this month? You should claim for this, this, this and this.", would have replied, "Oh right, ok, cheers" and ticked the box.

Secondly: this. Absolutely brilliant, the body being set up to oversee MPs' expenses is going to cost 6 times the amount that MPs were asked to pay back. So if nobody had said anything, the taxpayer would actually have been better off letting MPs trough to their hearts' content!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:

Big Aura:Apologies. prosecutions aside, moat-maintenance and duck lodgings are what swing it for me!

Neither of which have been deemed to be illegal it seems.

I don't really want to get into this but there are two points which simultaneously amuse and infuriate me about the expenses "scandal":

Firstly, the idea that all those people "outraged" by MPs' expenses claims wouldn't have done exactly the same thing in their position is ludicrous. I'd say at least 90% of the public, upon receiving a phone call from their employer asking "Do you realise you haven't claimed sufficient expenses this month? You should claim for this, this, this and this.", would have replied, "Oh right, ok, cheers" and ticked the box.

Secondly: this. Absolutely brilliant, the body being set up to oversee MPs' expenses is going to cost 6 times the amount that MPs were asked to pay back. So if nobody had said anything, the taxpayer would actually have been better off letting MPs trough to their hearts' content!

Your opinions are unusual and I dare say unpopular, but I agree with you completely.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I actually agree with you, to an extent. MPs' pay is fairly shoddy for what's expected of them, so the inflated expenses was the common work-around to remunerate them properly. That said, the general public do expect a higer degree of accountablilty from John Bull MP, than Johnny 'the plumber' Bull.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts