anybody have exoerience with Thorens?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am planning a new turntable purchase. I was wondering about a Thorens deck, in particular either the Thorens mini or the Thorens TD 170-1. These are around my budget.

I am after something reliable with great sound and minimal tinkering. I dont intend to keep changing cartridges and the like.

Has anyone got any experience with this brand or would something else be more suitable.

Thanks for any help.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've heard a Thorens TD 124, 224, 150 and 160. They're all very good sounding turntables for the sort of money that you have to pay for them. The 224 has an automatic robotic record changing facility that's laughably brilliant to watch.

If I had to pick one of the Thorens, I'd go for the 124. Great sound. Minimal tinkering. Very easy to service every 5 to 10 years. Ergonomic to use too.

A

Anonymous

thanks both very much for your comments it will be a hard decision as audition is impossible.

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

After a bit of thought I think a better way to go will be The Rega RP1. It comes with a life time guarantee. by all accounts it's a very good deck. The only Thing is I have to wait two weeks to get it now I have made my decision. Looking forward to spinning Avalon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts