anybody got experience with martin logan voyages

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I've only heard the Martin Logan floor standers - brilliant speakers.

Have a look at Magnepan, too. They do on wall speakers plus a center which may be a good compromise. Their sound is awesome and not a mile from the MLs. But to my ears the bass is better integrated on the maggies.

Flat panel speakers really have something about them, don't they?

A

Anonymous

Hi stpierre76, being familiar with ML speakers I can seriously recommend them, they are some of the ones that Ive enjoyed listening to the most so far, one of their downsides to me is that they tend to have a very small/narrow "sweet spot" at least for music as they have no problem filling a room with sound however as altruistic.lemon pointed out i think you would probably do well to audition some Magnepans MMGW or MC1s, which you can adjust by a mounting kit on the wall and they are also less expensive (at least where I live in the US)which would also leave you more $$$ for the sub and the a good Amp (at least 200W/channel) that you will absolutely need for the Maggies, they only go down to about 80hz.
I really hope you get the results you're after and let us know how it all looks and sounds when you complete your setup!

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys

thanks for your replies, i appreciate your input.I am glad to see that the ml voyages are well rated but it worries me that they have a small sweet spot.I am looking for a very large holographic soundstage.Can anybody recommend some inwall that will do that.I was looking at the tannoy inwall range(the dc8i or dc12i) which i beleive do have a large soundstage.What do you think of them?

Are they more a theatre application or will they be fine for music.I guess i listen to music more than i watch movies.

I am looking at different cedia members to do the job as i beleive there is a bit more than cutting a hole in a wall and putting in the inwall speakers...But once i decide on which one i will update findings and pictures when fully done..

A

Anonymous

HI stpierre76, please do let us know what you decide on and how you like it as there are, I think, very few of us that go the in-wall route for upgradeability reasons I suppose. However If you dont mind me asking other than a large soundstage what else are you looking for from the your music (warm, detailed, rich, lean, fun, clean)presentation? The reason I ask is because though Ive not heard any Tannoys am fairly certain they will sound quite different from the Logans you were considering before. Make sure you sort out what you like and dont like as most major speaker brands now offer In-Wall Lines.
Also have you considered slim on walls such as the Dali Ikon on-wall? Anyway Best of luck with your project.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts