any suggestions for cd player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After some recent upgrades I have ended up with the following system:

Yamaha RX-V1700 AV receiver

Cambridge Audio azur 540 D dvd player

Tannoy Mercury M3's + M1's + Mc+ yamaha YST-sw80

I can say that it is a decent set up for home cinema, but the reason I chose the azur dvd player was it's musical performance so that I can enjoy music as well. I am thinking now to get a dedicated cd player (possibly from the used market) as I would like more dynamic and tight sound for music, as at the moment music sounds quite smooth . Do you think it would create a difference and would you recomment any cd players preferably older models?

thanks

A

Anonymous

hi, in answer to your first point - a dedicated cd player will definately be an improvement over your dvd player.
i can personally recommend the Arcam CD72 (you can find them on ebay for about £150) - it is dynamic, has plenty of detail and yet always remains very musical.
that said, you might find that your amp is also holding you back and might be the first thing you should change. a dedicated stereo amp should provide a much more musical performance than your receiver.
you can find plenty of cheap used stereo amps on ebay and the like...
if you tell us what kind of budget you have and what type of music you listen to other people on this forum will be able to provide you with more detailed info on what to look for...

TRENDING THREADS