Any recommendations for an amp with built in fan?

edjustcuz

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone suggest or recommend a suitable amp please?

I have a friend who lives in Portugal and has asked me to source an amp for him to use at his centre..

It gets very hot in the area his centre is based so he's looking for one with a built in fan.

I dont have any experience in the field of fan cooled amps so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

He's looking for a secondhand unit, not too pricey..

Age is not important as long as it has a good sound reproduction.

Thanks in advance....

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Easy to source one or two 12cm cooling fans (even ex-PC). QuietPC if u need near-silent ones. Much easier than sourcing a cool amp. My 12v fan works a treat using a small power supply. If u have space then a big one running slowly.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
edjustcuz said:
Can anyone suggest or recommend a suitable amp please?

I have a friend who lives in Portugal and has asked me to source an amp for him to use at his centre..

It gets very hot in the area his centre is based so he's looking for one with a built in fan.

I dont have any experience in the field of fan cooled amps so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

He's looking for a secondhand unit, not too pricey..

Age is not important as long as it has a good sound reproduction.

Thanks in advance....

Something like this should do the job, smaller versions are available and Thomann are reliable and will ship.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_epq_2000_europower.htm

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
It's very simple all you need is freaking wire that is pure copper and thick enough not to affect the impendence.

What you bought sounds perfect.

Enjoy the music.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
alienmango said:
It's very simple all you need is freaking wire that is pure copper and thick enough not to affect the impendence.

What you bought sounds perfect.

Enjoy the music.

Wrong thread?

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
yup haha tried to change it but i was seconds too late!!!

That behringer is a good amp for the price, the ep2000 is fine too.

Was there a budget for the amp?

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Cambridge SR10 has a fan built in? I have one as a spare and use it at house partys, powering 2 sets of speakers at max level (Control sound on remote for ipod dock) it has never tripped out once?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts