Any experiences with an Icon Audio Stereo 25?

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks

Any experiences with an Icon Audio Stereo 25?

If Yes, how does it compare with a Rega Brio 3? Does it have more power and bass?

I'm planning drive a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RS6 with an Icon 25. Is it capable?

Let know what You think.

Thanks in advance

kind regards

Flatsound

T

the record spot

It's well worth considering if you're in the market for a £500-£600 amp, want to have a look at valves and give it a whirl. I think Icon do a money back try-at-home deal too (but check their website). They're also throwing in a free valve upgrade from the default set to EL84s which would normally set you back a further £100 by all accounts.

I'd be shortlisting it at the drop of a hat - it's a bit different, you don't get too many valve amps at this price that do a good job and not only is it a UK manufacturer, it's one who's in the niche bracket at that.

Apparently, it has a punchy sound with plenty of body to it, not particularly warm from what I recall being said about it and both WHF and Hi Fi World have given it very respectable reviews (4 star from WHFS&V I think, and 5 globes from HFW).

Incidentally - I don't see the review on the Reviews section of the site, but WHFS&V reviewed it earlier this year...some mistake surely?!

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
folks, thanks for your inputs.

I'd like to know if the Icon 25 presents the music with rhythm and melody as the Rega Brio.

So far the only tube amps that I heard were the Fatman Carbon (first version) and the Fatman 252. The Fatman Carbon had few power but I was well impressed with its musicality. It sounded rhytmic and melodic as a Rega Brio. The Fatman 252 sounded more "mature" in tonal aspects, with more power and presented the sound in biger scale but lacked the Carbon's musicality.

My aim is get an amp with Brio's musicality and with more naturalness in the voices.

Kind regards

Flatsound

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
The Stereo 25 got four stars in December last year. (Type 'Icon' into the Search Site box and Bob's yer uncle.)

From recollection, it's quite a likeable machine and can be quite lyrical. It's quite fussy about partnering equipment, though, and isn't the greatest where complicated recordings are concerned.

Mind you, I've been out in the sun all day.

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your input Simon.

Dear Simon, do you know if the Icon 25 can drive a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RS6 properly?

Regards

Flatsound

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:It's a bank holiday weekend. Patience man!

And the Monaco Grand Prix (well done Button and Brawn and Barrichello) and now soccer ball matches for people who are into that. (A lot of them here I think.)

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks

Any more experiences with a Icon Audio Stereo 25? How does it compare to Rega Brio 2? Does the Icon 25 sounds so engaging as a Rega Brio 2?

Thanks for your comments guys

Regards

flatsound

Don Guess

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Simon Lucas:
The Stereo 25 got four stars in December last year. (Type 'Icon' into the Search Site box and Bob's yer uncle.)

From recollection, it's quite a likeable machine and can be quite lyrical.

Lyrical?? What the heck does that mean?

Don (pedant).. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts