Any dog owners here?

12th Monkey

Aug 31, 2015
We lost the second of our Labradoodles to old age just after Christmas - she had a great life and as peaceful an end as we could have hoped for. But it seems you have to be pretty decisive when you are looking at pups these days, so we may well be coming home with two more 'doodles tomorrow, if all goes to plan.

I confess I'm excited, but also know I have forgotten the hard yards of having pups - housetraining, being woken during the night etc...

Previous dogs in happy times:

Optimized-IMG_1570.JPG

michael hoy

Oct 6, 2008
We lost the second of our Labradoodles to old age just after Christmas - she had a great life and as peaceful an end as we could have hoped for. But it seems you have to be pretty decisive when you are looking at pups these days, so we may well be coming home with two more 'doodles tomorrow, if all goes to plan.

I confess I'm excited, but also know I have forgotten the hard yards of having pups - housetraining, being woken during the night etc...

View attachment 3154
Sorry to that she has passed away.

12th Monkey

Aug 31, 2015
The cigarette butts aren't the dogs', btw. Or ours, I hasten to add.

Our pets have almost all had names from TV comedy.

Cats: Itchy & Scratchy.
Rats: Richie & Eddie, and Digby & Ginger.
Dogs: Etty (Ethel Cardew) and Dodo (Doreen Hedgehog).
Next dogs will be Beef Galore and Bosh Rogan Josh (truncations tbc), though I favoured Dr. Piglet & Dr. Winston, or Midget & Crapper...

12th Monkey

Aug 31, 2015
They're a bit bigger than we were expecting (had got to four months old), but have been pretty good - not a peep overnight in the utility - and no 'messages' from their digestive systems - just three wholeheartedly-shredded puppy pads. What have we let ourselves in for...

Optimized-20220126_193320.jpg

Reactions: DCarmi

DCarmi

Nov 15, 2019
Aww!

I refused to allow the Misses to get a dog for years because I knew muggins here would be the one taking it out for a walk in the wind, rain and mud. I finally gave in and we got a foreign rescue 6 months ago and sure enough muggins does most of the walking. Have to say I quite enjoy it, despite the fixation she (the dog) has with squirrels.

So far the count is one dead squirrel and a three mice. Otherwise, a well behaved and very cuddly dog.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

plastic penguin

View attachment 3154
They look sweet.
I used to have dogs: Mongrel, Labrador and a Boxer... all at different times.

We had the mongrel when I was born. She was called Shandy. She had pups. My parents gave them away to family friends. They named all the pups after drinks. One was called Mackeson, one was called Brandy, another was Whiskey.... they are the only ones I can remember.

Nowadays we have a cat

Attachments

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts