Anthony Gallo Reviews

jmc

May 3, 2020
Visit site
It is disappointing that Anthony Gallos work is being sidelined by WhatHiFi, obviously political. It's a shame and shameful when politics take over. Especially when its a top product, the community deserves better from WhatHiFi.

jmc

May 3, 2020
Visit site
hello bigboss WhatHiFi moderator, please explain your point to the audio community why the Gallo products are categorically ignored, especially since Gallo is an active contributor to successfully produce innovative and OUTSTANDING HiFi products. thank you very much!

abacus

Have they ever offered to supply samples to WHF so they could be tested, my guess would be no, and this would explain why they have never been tested, and nothing to do with politics.

In addition HI-Fi/AV enthusiasts are a conservative bunch and the speakers you mention look more like lifestyle products, so probably not of that much interest to WHF readers.

Bill

jmc

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Have they ever offered to supply samples to WHF so they could be tested, my guess would be no, and this would explain why they have never been tested, and nothing to do with politics.

In addition HI-Fi/AV enthusiasts are a conservative bunch and the speakers you mention look more like lifestyle products, so probably not of that much interest to WHF readers.

Bill
intersting point, thank you. I had no idea WHF only takes in products brought to their doorstep, so yes, this explains the WHF business policy, and Gallo's resistance as such, likely for his own good reasons.

Your second point is a little more concerning, agreed the Gallos looks like awkward pop cult phones, but I would hope that the WHF criteria go beyond looks, and not overshadow or even deter what an audiophile would be capable of hearing with open ears, there would be a risk to miss out on a lot of iconoclastic gear, in fact quite a lot of top gear brakes with the tradition of box design.

Just to be clear; I am not employed by What HiFi (Future group). I am a forum member like you who helps with moderation. Generally, What HiFi either reviews products supplied to them by the manufacturer or, if there is popular demand by its readers, they sometimes also buy AV equipment to review. What HiFi doesn't have any axe to grind and I cannot see how politics comes into this.

intersting point, thank you. I had no idea WHF only takes in products brought to their doorstep, so yes, this explains the WHF business policy, and Gallo's resistance as such, likely for his own good reasons.

Your second point is a little more concerning, agreed the Gallos looks like awkward pop cult phones, but I would hope that the WHF criteria go beyond looks, and not overshadow or even deter what an audiophile would be capable of hearing with open ears, there would be a risk to miss out on a lot of iconoclastic gear, in fact quite a lot of top gear brakes with the tradition of box design.
The first point is correct, most hifi magazines will only review what is sent to them for review so if nothing from Gallo has been supplied you cannot expect to see any reviews. I haven't seen anything by Estelon either but I am not crying political.
Your second point is very valid and I think that if you look back over WHF reviews of the past they not afraid to review products that ' break the mould'.
What you must also be aware of is WHF generally covers mainstream equipment because that is what most of it's buying public are purchasing.
For reviews of more expensive and exotic items I would tend to look at the likes of HiFi + or HiFi News and Record Review that tend to be pure hifi.

I see that Gallo products are sold by Richer Sounds, and they look at first like gimmicks given the appearance. Is there a Hifi range you could recommend, as I’m probably guilty of not taking them seriously.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts