Another TT shelf question

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the gentle process of trying to persuade SWMBO that we need a turntable shelf.

Trouble is, our living-room furniture is primarily wood and she won't accomodate 'normal' metal turntable shelves which she says "look like elaborate microwave brackets".

Reluctantly I do have to admit that she does have a point: they all look like they've been welded together by a wrought-iron gate manufacturer as a sideline.

I have scoured the usual places for both dedicated TT shelves and shelves which could be adapted for the purpose, but I have failed to come up with anything which is aethetically pleasing and which looks sufficiently sturdy.

Are there no such shelves made from quality woods, stained in a choice of finishes?

TT is a Thorens TD160. I wouldn't need the shelf to be deep enough to allow the lid to open as normally I remove it while playing a record.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Have a look at hifiracks.co.uk. If they don't have what you want, it's worth a call, as they offer a bespoke service.

Cno

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Oooooo.....

Thanks guys.

I guess I'd have to ask for a bespoke size. I need a 44cm x 34cm platform. Their middle size is too small and the large size is far too large.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts