Another Blu Ray player question

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Earlier in the week i asked if it was worth me upgrading from my PS3 to another Blu Ray player such as the Denon or even the new Pioneer, but was advised that because my TV is only 37" i wouldn't reap the full benefit, however as i have been reading the various posts they mention that the sound is massively increased, i have the Pioneer LX01 and a lot of the time whilst listening to Blu Ray Discs the speak is a lot quieter and i have to turn up the volume quite a lot, would a top end player cure this or is it just down to there being no central speaker, it really gets on my nerves.

Thanks again

Mike Worrall

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I'm 99% sure it's a lack of a centre speaker that's causing your dialogue problems! I have a PS3 which i'm using as my hi def player and the sound is most definateley better as the bit rate used for a normal Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack is higher on blu-ray than on dvd, noticably clearer and louder! I am not sending audio via HDMI but via optical (saving for HD receiver) and have had no problems atall just better sound quality all around, so i would say getting a top end player won't solve the problem as you would end up in exactly the same situation you are in now but having spent extra cash on a top end player.

A

Anonymous

Mickgw:
but was advised that because my TV is only 37" i wouldn't reap the full benefit,

ÿ

You can reap huge benefits from HD picture on a 37" screen. What matters is making sure it is HD or HD Ready?ÿ

Mickgw:ÿ

there being no central speaker, it really gets on my nerves.

I thought the LX01 had a centre channel? ÿ

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
It does have a centre channel, but its not poitioned in the middle, the 4 speaker are apparently omni directional ????

I do have a HD ready TV that displays 1080i, 1080p, but as i've been advised the general consensus has been that i will get better sound but the PS3 would be acceptable for the picture at 37 inch, if i was being honest i've not been blown away by the picture on my PS3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts