Android 4.2.2

Papalazarou75

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
can't say i noticed anything new, but it did state that the update is for performance & stability, not that that seemed an issue with the nexus 7 anyway, had mine just over 3 weeks now & loving it on all levels, was looking at the ipad mini,really glad i went for the nexus instead :clap:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Try force stopping google services framework, and clearing its data, then checking for updates.

Might need to repeat several times.

Top man! Worked first time...now installing 4.2.2 :clap:

Why wouldn't it recognise that there was an update without doing this though, any idea ?

daveh75

Its down to the way Google rolls out updates (sequentially/in stages) rather than an Apple-esque free-for-all that brings Apple servers and ISPs to their knees.

It would of updated automatically, eventually, the Google services framework 'trick' just bypasses/speeds up the process.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Its down to the way Google rolls out updates (sequentially/in stages) rather than an Apple-esque free-for-all that brings Apple servers and ISPs to their knees. It would of updated automatically, eventually, the Google services framework 'trick' just bypasses/speeds up the process.

Thanks again daveh75 for the info, much appreciated, will keep it in mind for further updates.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Try force stopping google services framework, and clearing its data, then checking for updates.

Might need to repeat several times.

Care to share what that's supposed to do?

Thanks.

Edit: Ooops! Just red the above! :oops:

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a Nexus 4 tried the miracast display mirroring yet?

(You need a tv with miracast builtin or a standalone receiver like the netgear PVT3000)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
Has anyone with a Nexus 4 tried the miracast display mirroring yet?

(You need a tv with miracast builtin or a standalone receiver like the netgear PVT3000)

Embarrasingly I never knew the phone could do that, any pointers as to how to get it working? My tv has the ability to mirror I beleive...sure i've seen it in a menu somewhere but i've never had the kit to try it out. Seems like I might now but knowing Sony it probably will be a case of tv says no unless it's an Experia phone.

EDIT:

After a little play with the tv and phone I have got it to connect to the tv via Wi-Fi direct but I can't seem to send any content to the tv so i'm none the wiser how this may work, any ideas ??

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
when my HTC One S went to Jellybean it disabled the "Use Phone as USB Mass Storage Device" functionality, which means DoubleTwist (iTunes like software) is unable to accept new music. Pah.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
For miracast you turn on wireless display in the display settings, and then click wireless display and it should start searching for any miracast compatible devices..

Click on the device it finds and it should mirror the display.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I've found that since the update my ringtones have stopped working. I downloaded the Zedge app to get some decent ringtones but all of the ones I've downloaded no longer work including notification tones downloaded from another app...i've deleted all of the apps for now and hopefully it gets sorted soon. On the lookout for new tones that actually work with 4.2.2 now, it's been the only issue with the update but annoying all the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts