Andrew, any news on processor reviews?

jc1972

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi andrew, i bought up the subject of why processor/power amp combos are no longer featured in whfi a few months back, you said it was a demand thing and would look into it, And that it went down well and news would follow. Any more news on it?.

There's been a lot of questions on here about how to get good stereo sound from av receivers, The advice is always get one with pre-outs and connect a dedicated stereo amp, Set the volume on it to memorable position,collaberate sound,connect to fronts only,remember to turn it on when film veiwing etc.......Isn't it much easier to get a one make processor/power amp for good cinema and stereo sound?? as i said before your mag used to say this was the only way to get ' true stereo and great cinema sound'. Still wondering wether it's worth upgrading to an hdmi processor so would like to see them in whfi before i spend more dough that i really shouldn't!!!

cheers, jc

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure when there's a sensible range of such processors available we will do a group test, but probably as two-box packages with suitable power amps.

jc1972

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Ok, could be waiting a while still. While i wait can i ask your opinion on the hdmi processor upgrade? I'm more than happy with my old rotel processor using the multi input for hi-def sound. I think it sounds great but would a processor costing say 1200 quid create a better cinema sound than the de-coding processor in my 500 quid blue ray player? (baring in mind the player has less components than the processor,for pound for pound de-coding). cheers.

jc1972

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
cheers, i will, wont have to worry about convincing the wife the 'stereo' hasn't changed it's still the old one, i just cleaned it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts