An interesting quotation

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

Covenanter said:
PPS I hear that Boeing had to burn in those ferrets they used to put the wires in their aeroplanes.

Luckily, the emergency services were on hand:

size_550x415_Hop_A_long_in_cast.jpg-conv.png

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Sadly he lived long enough to write "The Crucifixion" which I had to sing in several times (before my voice broke) and which is surely one of the most tedious pieces of music ever written.

Agreed: in my chorister days, the annual dread of having to fling wide those gates yet again had one hankering for a spot of JSB's finest Passiontide offering into which to get one's teeth.

Apparently even Stainer himself dismissed his piece of torpid Victoriana as 'rubbish'

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
davedotco said:
His description of the fate that befell the composer Stainer, at his own hands no less, stays with me to this day.

I believe that Stainer suffered a very similar fate to that of the recently deceased actor James Gandolfini: neither could be described as having died at their own hand.

Continuing to play a very straight bat I see.

I was attempting a witty post alluding to Sir Thomas's rather pithy comments on the composer Stainer, particularly regarding the piece mentioned above.

Sadly after a long day and way into the early hours it came out as complete gibberish.

Apologies to all.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Covenanter said:
Sadly he lived long enough to write "The Crucifixion" which I had to sing in several times (before my voice broke) and which is surely one of the most tedious pieces of music ever written.

Agreed: in my chorister days, the annual dread of having to fling wide those gates yet again had one hankering for a spot of JSB's finest Passiontide offering into which to get one's teeth.

Apparently even Stainer himself dismissed his piece of torpid Victoriana as 'rubbish'

My sympathies to you both.

At least as a member of the audience you have the option of trying to sneak out unobserved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts