An award winning system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm just about to purchase my first 'proper' home cinema system. I'd be interested in people's thoughts on a system that comprises a combination of What Hi Fi's 2009 award winners.

The system will be used in a relatively small room that is 4.0m wide x 3.7m deep (into 350mm deep alcoves either side of a central chimney breast on which I intend fixing the TV). It will be used for a mixture of Sky HD and blu-ray viewing plus music CDs.

The system that I'm considering is as follows:

- Television: Philips 42PFL9664

- Amplifier: Denon AVR-2310

- Speakers: B&W MT-25 (or MT-30)

- DVD: Sony BDP-S760

I'd be grateful to hear any thoughts you may have regarding the strengths and weaknesses of this combination.

Thanking you in anticipation.

D

Deleted member 2457

That look's pretty sound mate, just remember to get good hdmi cables and good cables for your system, I really like the PV1 as well hence why I got it. I used to have the B&W MT30 package and it is excellent quality.

A

Anonymous

All I'd add is make sure you do extensive research on prices and shop around. Getting that lot from the wrong retailer could add hundreds to what you pay.
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Actually to be honest I would stick a Pioneer Amp in with it.

A

Anonymous

Gel,

Do you have a particular model in mind? Do you have a specific reason for this suggestion?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Well i had it with the pioneer vsx-lx70 amp and it was an excellent combination. Now the amps are even better. It's now the 71 or 72.

My local av shop has it set up with the pioneer vsx-lx51 now the 52 and that also sounded good.

I heard it with that denon at cambridge sevenoaks and it did not sound as good as the pioneers in my opininon and my families.

D

Deleted member 2457

The Denon was with the MT30, the 51-52 was with the MT30. The pioneer 70 was with the B&W MT30.

If you have any more questions about this just post again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts