admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

My current music system consists of a Inspire HIFI Eclipse SE Turntable, RB1000 arm 2m Blue Cart MF X-LPSv3 Phono Stage with a X-PSUv3 thru a Harmon Kardon HK970 amp using Acoustic Energy Linear 3 Floorstanders. The CD side consists of a Denon 3930 as transport thru a MF X-DACv3 again thru the same amp.

The problem is Im looking to upgrade the amp, Ive tried the Puresound A30 but it didnt like the AEs esp when the music got demading, I tried a Cyrus8 (old stock), that lasted an hour before going back, I loved the Naim Nait XS, I didnt want to give it back but due to financial constaints I cant afford one.....yet...Ive tried using my Yamaha 3900 but thats just terrible, all the time a come back to my humble HK, is there any other amps in your experience I should be looking at?? it seems strange that Im using a 3k TT with a £300 amp.....

Showing my age here I listen to a lot of Depeche Mode, Ultravox mostly but my tastes are varied

Thanks in advance

John

T

the record spot

Have you thought of the 980s bigger and beefier brother? The HK990 is well worth a listen, has a fine phono stage by all accounts, useful functionality, good DACs, great dual mono design and it's got 150wpc - unlikely to run out of power for your needs. It's not a sledgehammer with it either, rather a refined listen but with enough on tap when called for.

A

Anonymous

Must admit Ive looked at the 990 but there seems to be a lack of dealers who stock HK, just need to find a dealer who will let me have one for home demo. My local Audio T dont do HK anymore I think the set up Ive got was the last they did.

I love the sound of my 970 its got a sound that so far only the Nait XS has bettered.

The sound from the HK is hard to explain the music has space and separation and what I love is that you feel the music and the emotion in vocals, for example you can hear the texture in voices if that makes sense.

John

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
fatcat40s:

... I loved the Naim Nait XS, I didnt want to give it back but due to financial constaints I cant afford one.....yet...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts