Amps with no headphone output

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I'm thinking of replacing my Marantz PM7001 and have a couple of choices in mind. I noticed when looking at the spec of the Roksan M2 that no headphone output is included with i thought a bit strange.

Without looking at a list of amps, is the omission of a headphone output fairly normal ?

Whilst I wouldn't say it is normal the Roksan M2 series is unusual in that neither the amp or the cd player appear to have a headphone socket.

Many manufacturers are moving away from putting a decent headphone circuit in their amps (which is strange considering the recent resurgence in headphone sales) and tend to assume if you are that dedicated to headphones then you would want to attach a 'stand-alone' headphone preamplifier.

Having said all that the likes of the Creek Destiny 2 which is also highly recommended does have a headphone socket.

You pays your money ..........

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Many manufacturers are moving away from putting a decent headphone circuit in their amps...

On the other hand the Naim's Naits in their lattest incarnation feature headphone outputs for the first time.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
nima said:
Al ears said:
Many manufacturers are moving away from putting a decent headphone circuit in their amps...

On the other hand the Naim's Naits in their lattest incarnation feature headphone outputs for the first time.

And the headphone amps in the new Naims are excellent. I trialled the Naim V1 DAC, which I think has essentially the same headphone stage as the new Nait amps. Outstanding sound!

letsavit

Apr 2, 2008
Visit site
nima said:
Al ears said:

about time, for my old nait5i I had to buy a project s box s headphone amp.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
letsavit said:
nima said:
Al ears said:

about time, for my old nait5i I had to buy a project s box s headphone amp.

ohhh I managed to log in on my old name!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts