Amplifier

Tinman1952

Hi what's the best amplifier you have ever owned and why ?
Well that would be……..my next one! 😁
Seriously I have tried many, many amps over the years from valves to solid state. Currently enjoying listening to the Quad Elite stereo power amp. Low distortion, more than powerful enough and very ‘clean and transparent’.
Will suit me fine…..
until I get the itch to try valves again……..😉

Reactions: ja_kub_sz
D

Deleted member 108165

Current one, as it has exceeded my expectations in every way possible.

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 160668

My current one. Sugden just know what they are doing and this sounds far better than anything else which has graced my front room. Like being sung to from within my front room. Beautiful. You forget about kit and just play tunes. It has moved me from being a box-swapper to being satisfied (with my amp at least). This will not be changing.

The speakers on the other hand... I'm considering a change in new year and a hefty upgrade.

Everyone sensible should say the present one. If you've replaced an amp with one you like less, you want your head examining!
I need my head examining...... I had to get rid of my Tom Evans Linear A and Vibe combo because I needed something with a balance control. My current amp is good and more than adequate for my needs but it is nowhere near the Tom Evans combo, I didn't have the funds for my planned amplifier which was close to £7000

Last edited:

CheshirePete

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
What speakers are you driving? Never saw the need for a power amp / integrated amp combat myself.
Have owned a Primare pre / power combo though, it was brilliant.

I currently have a Nad C 658 pre and the kandy driving Wharfedale evo 4.2s. Having owned both a K2 and Primare integrated I remember the step up when moving to the Primare.

I love the Primare sound and looks, and the dual mono design gives extra oomph. The K2 is fine but it was only ever a stop gap .... and only cost £280 from ebay.

Reactions: Al ears
Hi what's the best amplifier you have ever owned and why ?

One of the finest and one which I'll be looking to get is Kinki Studio Audio's EX-M7 stereo power amplifier. The EX-M7's build, fit, finishing and vault like solidity is exquisite. Better still the EX-M7's ability to grip, drive and energise loudspeakers, combined with it's overall musicality is such that I've found the results to be preferable than some active loudspeakers I've heard over the years!

TRENDING THREADS