Amplifier to match CM7

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I'm deciding on a denon vs yamaha amp for a pair of B&W cm7. I've listened to the Marantz 6004 and wasn't to impressed with the low freq response. I've listened to the 2310 & 1065, but with Monitor rx6 speakers, and both sounded good. I'm undecided. Is Yamaha a good match to the b&w? Will the 2065 be a better option given that my lounge is about 4.5x8 m? I'm also looking for features, of which the yamaha does better i think.

Any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks.

Nerve:Hi I'm deciding on a denon vs yamaha amp for a pair of B&W cm7. I've listened to the Marantz 6004 and wasn't to impressed with the low freq response. I've listened to the 2310 & 1065, but with Monitor rx6 speakers, and both sounded good. I'm undecided. Is Yamaha a good match to the b&w? Will the 2065 be a better option given that my lounge is about 4.5x8 m? I'm also looking for features, of which the yamaha does better i think. Any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Nerve

I would choose the Yamaha RX-V1065 over the AVR-2310 however if the the new RX-V2065 is within your budget than it is simply a no brainer as it is better than the RX-V1065 and also takes over from the already superb RX-V1900 and improves on it by some margin.

Btw, Yamaha AV amps work well with B&W speakers as i've sold this combination on plenty of occasions. For me when it comes to AV amps (in particular) Yamaha inspires confidence.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick. Your confidence in Yamaha is quite evident. I'm going to order my 2065 tomorrow. The 1065 does the job but i think i will get more control. Does that make sense, that at low levels the 2065 will do a better job? Thanks again hey.

A

Anonymous

I bought my 2channel yamah a-s1000 to match the CM7s on synergy alone.....great match

Nerve:Thanks Rick. Your confidence in Yamaha is quite evident. I'm going to order my 2065 tomorrow. The 1065 does the job but i think i will get more control. Does that make sense, that at low levels the 2065 will do a better job? Thanks again hey.

Hi Nerve

Your welcome.

I believe that you will be pleased with the new RX-V2065. The RX-V2065 will be superior at all levels.

Yes, i am confident in Yamaha products (particularly their AV amps) and it's just not me because over the years some of my clients have who had migrated away from Yamaha AV amps have mostly sooner or later returned back to the brand. However (to my knowledge) i have yet to have a client who owns a Yamaha AV amp (after starting of with/owning another brand) going back to their original or different brand. In my experience this one of the reasons why for me Yamaha inspires confidence.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys.

I've seen several guys with the combo Scott. While I really want good stereo sound, also would like to expand on my HT later on, hence a av receiver.

A

Anonymous

Received my amp, RX-V-2065 and love it! The sound is something else, and I'm still running in the speakers. I have one or two issues, like the banana plugs for the Yamaha... the manual says no banana plugs for UK/EU/Asia models....

Other than that, this to my ears is a lovely match... thanks guys.

Nerve:

Received my amp, RX-V-2065 and love it! The sound is something else, and I'm still running in the speakers. I have one or two issues, like the banana plugs for the Yamaha... the manual says no banana plugs for UK/EU/Asia models....

Hi Nerve

Your welcome.

My demo/display does take banana plugs. The speaker terminals will be blocked off with small plastic caps which need to be carefully removed so that banana plugs can be used.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Nerve:

So how do you like your set up (CM7 + RX-V2065) ? I'm very curious since I was considering that specific model when I was out in quest for a good receiver for my speakers.

I'm using a NAD C355BEE with my CM7s but was curious how the sound quality was in that configuration.

I wonder if it's a good idea to add a sub, maybe something like a PV1. What do you guys think?

stormeye:Nerve:

So how do you like your set up (CM7 + RX-V2065) ? I'm very curious since I was considering that specific model when I was out in quest for a good receiver for my speakers.

I'm using a NAD C355BEE with my CM7s but was curious how the sound quality was in that configuration.

I wonder if it's a good idea to add a sub, maybe something like a PV1. What do you guys think?

Hi stormeye

I hope you will not mind me responding.

As good as the RX-V2065 is however the C355BEE will still better it in stereo. If you require deeper bass than yes the PV1 will do the trick. Other subs to also consider (from makes that i have sold to B&W owners) are Monitor Audio's AW-12, RXW-12 or ATC's C1.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick for the heads up!

What's your opinion about the PV1 compared to ASW10CM?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts