Question Amplifier + Streamer for Linn Index and AT-LP5

tjackenpacken

May 12, 2023
Visit site
I'm on the verge of buying a new amplifier and streamer setup to be used with an old pair of Linn Index (80's) and a Audio Technica AT-LP5 turntable.

Since I'm very much a novice in hifi I would love some help and guidance on what to buy with a budget around £1200-1500. I also need a RIAA since that was included with my now dead old NAD. Apart from vinyl and streaming i will also use it for TV.

What I'm currently contemplating is the following setup:

Cambridge Audio CXA61
Cambridge Audio AXN10
Rega Fono Mini A2D mkII

Thankful for help!

I'm on the verge of buying a new amplifier and streamer setup to be used with an old pair of Linn Index (80's) and a Audio Technica AT-LP5 turntable.

Since I'm very much a novice in hifi I would love some help and guidance on what to buy with a budget around £1200-1500. I also need a RIAA since that was included with my now dead old NAD. Apart from vinyl and streaming i will also use it for TV.

What I'm currently contemplating is the following setup:

Cambridge Audio CXA61
Cambridge Audio AXN10
Rega Fono Mini A2D mkII

Thankful for help!
Do you need an amp with an inbuilt DAC?
What are your other sources likely to be?
If you dont need the inbuilt DAC them buy something like the Audiolab 6000A that has an inbuilt RIAA phono board so you don't need to buy the Fono Mini.
Sorted!

Reactions: Juzzie Wuzzie
Do you need an amp with an inbuilt DAC?
What are your other sources likely to be?
If you dont need the inbuilt DAC them buy something like the Audiolab 6000A that has an inbuilt RIAA phono board so you don't need to buy the Fono Mini.
Sorted!
Correction to above,doesn't the AT-LP 5 already have an inbuilt phono stage??
The AXN10 already has a DAC in it so you dont need yet another one in the CXA61
Unless you want things to look similar and from same manufacturer there is little point in wasting money on items you don't require.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts