Amplifier Recommendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello , looking for advice

I am upgrading my amplifier (Cambridge Audio A1) after many years, I have a pair of Quad 11L2 and I feel I can get more out of them with a better amplifier. So which amplifiers do you recommend to listen to to pair with the Quads? I listen to a broad range of music mainly on classical, folk etc. Budget is around £300 for new or used is an option, Audiolab 8000A ?

Thanks again.

T

the record spot

If the budget's £300, go used, get a better amp - there isn't an amp out there you can buy new that won't drive the Quads, but they'll live off the top table better than they will the scraps. Check out some dealers with good used or ex-dem equipment and buy accordingly. The Quads were £380 IIRC, so they're going to sit well with amps that cost half as much again easily enough. Best advice I can give? Don't skimp with the quality of the amp.

A

Anonymous

I agree with the above comments

2nd hand amps will do very well in this situation.

I demo'd the QUAD 11L2's, 12Ls'2 aqnd 22L2's about a month or so back with an Arcam Alpha 10 integrated amp I have as well as the NAD pairing I've got below and the NAD C326BEE and Audiolab 8000 amps and have to say that the Arcam Alpha 10 had the best control over the standmounts
emotion-1.gif

The Arcam Alpha 10 or an Arcam DiVA A85 integrated amp via eBay would be a superb choice but the NAD C326BEE, OR, if you can find a decent NADC352 integrated amp 2nd hand would be a very good call as well IMO

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
i used to have nad c326bee with the quad 11L , it was a very good match, the nad c326bee had a good grip over the quads 11L. i think the c355bee would be even better which i have heard at the dealer.

A

Anonymous

rymidd:i used to have nad c326bee with the quad 11L , it was a very good match, the nad c326bee had a good grip over the quads 11L. i think the c355bee would be even better which i have heard at the dealer.

Good call
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Can I just point out that the OP specifically mentioned second hand?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice £300 is the maximum, as much I'd love to spend more the bank wouldn't be too happy ;)

A

Anonymous

Grottyash:Can I just point out that the OP specifically mentioned second hand?

All of the above amps can be bought 2nd hand via eBay and the likes etc...

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your opinons on used equipments any recommendations on new ?

A

Anonymous

With a budget of £300... Not many TBH

Rotel RA04SE, NAD C326BEE and the Yamaha AS500 are the only ones that spring to mind. All are very good and should be demo'd if you go down that route
emotion-1.gif

As said above though; you'll get a lott more 'bang for your buck' going down the 2nd hand route!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts