Ampl problems with bass and treble with Mission speakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Can anyone help me?

In order to get the bass what I want from my speakers (any speakers really) but mine are the Mission M35i, I have to turn the bass up (full) on my amp (Denon) and lower my treble otherwise its too tinny. I am only just turning the volume knob nearly a quater turn so there is pleanty of volume usage left. I know that their is a bi-wiring on my speakers if i needed to do anything, but I think that this is only for those who can really tell the difference. I don't know what to do,Can anyone help me sort this?

Is it the amp? Is it the Speaker cable? All my seperates are new last year (2009)

Many thanks Dodgey

A

Anonymous

Not a great deal of help, but if it is of any consolation, I have a pair of Mission M35's. These were the model previous to yours (the "i" denotes-improved) or not as the case might be. My Missions are bi - wired and bi - amped, with a NAD 370 supplying the high frequency terminals L+R and a NAD 270 supplying the low frequency terminals L+R.

With the set up above the bass is not what I personally expected it to be, and the bass will only seem perform to how I like it if the system is played loud (which of course it will do very easily). However, this in practice is not ideal.

I am not sure if this is a particular trait of these speakers, but it might pay you to audition some other speakers, as this is the route I am now going to take.

Hope this has helped!

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
dodgey40:

Hi Can anyone help me?

In order to get the bass what I want from my speakers (any speakers really) but mine are the Mission M35i, I have to turn the bass up (full) on my amp (Denon) and lower my treble otherwise its too tinny. I am only just turning the volume knob nearly a quater turn so there is pleanty of volume usage left. I know that their is a bi-wiring on my speakers if i needed to do anything, but I think that this is only for those who can really tell the difference. I don't know what to do,Can anyone help me sort this?

Is it the amp? Is it the Speaker cable? All my seperates are new last year (2009)

Many thanks Dodgey

Apologies if this is a silly question, but as you mention Bi-wiring, I'm guessing you are only single wiring? in which case, is there a link in place between the two sets of speaker terminals?

A

Anonymous

Unless you expect more bass than what's actually in the recordings (many people do), this is most probably an acoustic problem.

Try moving your speakers around a little.

Wiring has certainly nothing to do with it -- unless you use very thin cables with bad connections...

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Fahnsen:

Wiring has certainly nothing to do with it

...unless there's no link between the woofers and tweeters and he's connected only to the tweeters.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
dodgey

You shouldn't lack bass with the M35's, so the only thing I can think of, short of a faulty driver or two, is that maybe the speakers are out of phase - check the positives are going to positives and negatives to negatives - it's a very easy thing to get wrong when wiring up! If this is the case, it will sound thin and a little weird to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts