AMP? Yamaha RN602 or Cambridge Audio AXR100?

ripeinmay

Aug 3, 2021
Visit site
Split between these 2 amps.

Use case: Listening at home to music via Spotify mostly (Dynamic Bass heavy) & Radio/Podcasts
Speakers: Q Acoustics 3050i & planning on adding a 3060s Sub wooferdown the line

Have a Sonos Connect so not too pushed on the Networking features as this has me covered for my needs
Currently leaning toward the Yahama because heritage & loudness dial (Had one on an Onkyo and enjoyed fiddling with it)

Really appreciate anyone with experience of either amp to row in.

Thanks,

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I have used both CA and Yamaha amps. For stereo receivers Yamaha RN602 or RN803. It has subwoofer out.But thats my choice.

The variable loudness is useful at low level listening.
In 803 room correction is there.Many folks may not like this but i found it useful .This can be easily enabled/disabled to set what a user prefers.

The volume steps are well graded and that matters to me as iam able to set 0.5 db steps in 803

All the best !

Last edited:

ripeinmay

Aug 3, 2021
Visit site
I have used both CA and Yamaha amps. For stereo receivers Yamaha RN602 or RN803. It has subwoofer out.But thats my choice.

The variable loudness is useful at low level listening.
In 803 room correction is there.Many folks may not like this but i found it useful .This can be easily enabled/disabled to set what a user prefers.

The volume steps are well graded and that matters to me as iam able to set 0.5 db steps in 803

All the best !
Thank you!
Really helpful

iMark

From personal experience I can recommend the R-N602. It has all the inputs I would ever use except for HDMI. I suppose the R-N803D has even more features and the room correction could be very useful.

We use the R-N602 for all our audio (record player and legacy Sony Minidisc deck) and video (TV, DVR, Blu-ray). The streaming features are excellent too. We use Spotify Connect and AirPlay.

If I were looking for a unit with even more modern features (HDMI inputs/output and Airplay 2) I would look at the Marantz NR1200.

Reactions: ripeinmay

ripeinmay

Aug 3, 2021
Visit site
From personal experience I can recommend the R-N602. It has all the inputs I would ever use except for HDMI. I suppose the R-N803D has even more features and the room correction could be very useful.

We use the R-N602 for all our audio (record player and legacy Sony Minidisc deck) and video (TV, DVR, Blu-ray). The streaming features are excellent too. We use Spotify Connect and AirPlay.

If I were looking for a unit with even more modern features (HDMI inputs/output and Airplay 2) I would look at the Marantz NR1200.
Nice just looking at the Marantz NR1200, liking the dual DAC per channel, as i'll be streaming mostly this could be a runner.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts