Amp with DAC for under 1000 Euro?

Tomas

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello, It has been 15 years since I have bought my gear and I need to change it. I listen rock, jazz and watch a lots of films. 50/50. I need an amp with integrated DAC with at least 3 digital inputs with budget max 1000 Euro. At the moment CD – Denon DCD 725 BD – LG HR550 - 3D AMP – Sony F245R Speakers - Magnat victory 6 GBE TV -LG 50” 3D 50PZ250 I want to buy a network player as well, but first I need an amp plus speakers. I love B&W sound and I know they pair great with Rotel, but Rotel RA 12 doesn’t seem to powerful to me and RA 1570 is way over my budget. I realy like the Onkyo A-9070, but I wasn’t able to compare it with Rotel side by side... Any advice? Thank you, Tomas

johngw

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd go with an AV amp, arguably the most bang for the buck and definitely the more flexible option. Several brands including Yamaha refresh their models on a yearly basis, often with smallish tweaks, and tend to price dump remaining stock on previous models. Look at Yamaha RX-V775 for example (current model is V777 I believe), or Marantz SR7008 which has recently been reduced so may be on its way out shortly.

The Yam delivers 95W at 2 channels and 8 ohms, 2 optical + 2 coax digital in, 5 analog inputs. And if you later fancy, a flexible subwoofer out (2 in fact) and of course multichannel capabilities. Hard to beat really - I think the days of the dedicated "HiFi" 2 channel amps are pretty much over for most purposes.

Tomas

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, first of all thank you for your reply. About AV receiver... I have heard couple of them like Denon 3313 and Onkyo 1010 and there is a lot for a money you pay but in Pure stereo mode is Kinda boring presentatation for my taste. About power... Depends on speakers for sure and for floostanders is 2 X 40 watts Isn't enough.

Cheers,

Tomas

poriya

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Consider this one too......

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/stereo-receivers/r-n500_g/?mode=model

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts