Amp with co-axial and optical input

A

Anonymous

Sorry, I meant a two channel hifi amp rather than a home cinema amp.

A

Anonymous

Advance Acoustics MAP305DA II £600, Best Buy from some other magazine. Has 4 coaxial & 1 optical inputs.

Failing that, Naim Super-Nait £2350, Musical Fidelity A1008 £2999. I think Densen do one with onboard dac too. But I'm not sure any of these have optical inputs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Pete, but a bit out of my price range. Anything below £400?

A

Anonymous

Not that I know of. You could still get a separate dac and amp. Onboard dacs on integrated amps is a small recent trend. Alternatively, some AV amps can switch to 2 channel mode with double the power

A

Anonymous

[quote user="peteAllen"]some AV amps can switch to 2 channel mode with double the power[/quote]

Yes but the sound from an AV is poor when compared to a hifi amp.

Basically I had a multichannel setup and have gone down to a 2 channel setup and I have always prefered the sound of digital cables compared to analogue interconnects,

A

Anonymous

If you do not suffer from "Made in China" syndrome, take a look at Music Hall mambo. 50 wpc class A amp. It will cost a little over your budget but will be worth the money.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ranjeetrain"]Music Hall mambo[/quote]

Wow. Thats what I'm talking about. A quick search on Google doesnt seem to show up any UK dealers. A USA only product?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts