Amp to match CD63KI

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

yes torres its andrews glowing report that has me wanting one , high praise indeed , you must let us know what you think after youve tried it out ..

p.s. it will be nice to tell your mates that your cd player was personally reccomended to you by mr e , and that he also owns one
emotion-5.gif

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:
yes torres its andrews glowing report that has me wanting one , high praise indeed , you must let us know what you think after youve tried it out ..

p.s. it will be nice to tell your mates that your cd player was personally reccomended to you by mr e , and that he also owns one
emotion-5.gif

Max the only problem is they are as rare as hen's teeth over here, honestly i am delighted to have finally got one, well i will be on friday, ?100 seems like a bargain as they go for approx £100-£150

A

Anonymous

ah im not too bothered , i will look into getting one , but i dont have an ebay account , so ill probably buy new , maybe in munstersounds , with marantz high on my list , im hooked on music these last two weeks , i didnt expect that to be the case
emotion-3.gif
, hey , there are worse hobbies ...

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Agreed on the A400, but the PM66KI is the one to go for. I remember going with Ken to the factory in Wales where they were built, a long time ago after a Bristol show, and being very impressed with the care that was taken in handbuilding the things...

Well Andrew i got outbid in the last 30 seconds on an PM66KI last night
emotion-6.gif
So it's back to the drawing board, they seem few and far between. There's a few amps that im watching on E-bay, any thoughts;

Marantz PM66SE ( Not Ki ) Is there much difference in this amp over the KI?

Pioneer A300R - How does this compare to the A400? ( dim_span recommends them)

Pioneer A400-But It now

Or just wait for a PM66KI???

Im getting impatient now.....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the PM66KI is much better than the standard SE

A400 (original version) very good indeed, and indeed IMHO better than the A300R.

I'd hold out for a PM66KI - they come up quite often, and you won't be disappointed.

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I recently acquired a CD63KI courtesy of ebay, also after wanting one for years, and am suitably impressed. Only had it around 4 weeks, but had it hooked up to my receiver and then my 8000lx for some listening tests, and I couldn't really discern any difference between the two, so have left my receiver powering it for the sake of less boxes. The receiver does have the benefit of bi-amping the speakers though, which may have helped the end result. Paid more than you did Torres, so well done, and I hope you enjoy it as much I am currently enjoying mine.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
The CD63 KI Sig is a lovely player, no doubt. Personally, having tried the Pioneer A400 with it, I am no great fan of the combination: too 'in yer face' and forward/brash. It's a matter of taste, because I can fully appreciate that the A400 certainly has a lot going for it.

I hate to say it, but I am considering a punt on the KI Sig amp, too. Maybe I will leave it a while and not get into a bidding war!
emotion-4.gif

As an aside, should the CD63 KI Sig shuffle off this mortal coil, what would be considered a current equivalent in terms of performance?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts