Amp to match Arcam CD73 & Usher S520s

A

Anonymous

I feel the Usher (I recently listened to some) need an amp that has a slightly rolled off treble and good bursts of power to keep them in tow, I know i'm going to be alone here but I'd suggest the Exposure 2010.

John Duncan said:
Though following on from a previous thread, A85s are about 350 on eBay which is good value and matches :)

Yeah, you're probably right but the A18 reasoning is two-fold: Firstly, given that the A85 is a "decadian", you can pick-up the new FMJ for a tad over £400. Sure the A85 may have an advantage SQ-wise, but in isolation the A18 will sound just fine. And secondly, I've only heard the Ushers with the A18...

BTW, have you heard the Ushers down at Hampton Wick yet?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input...

To be honest I don't really have a budget - I have 2 kids instead! - so I'm trying to work out how much I need to beg/borrow/save to be sure I get something that will do justice to the rest of the set up but not break the bank. For example, am I wasting money if I went as low as a Cambridge Audio Azur 340A?

bouverie said:
Thanks for your input...

To be honest I don't really have a budget - I have 2 kids instead! - so I'm trying to work out how much I need to beg/borrow/save to be sure I get something that will do justice to the rest of the set up but not break the bank. For example, am I wasting money if I went as low as a Cambridge Audio Azur 340A?

I would suggest the 340 wouldn't be as good as the Alpha 9. Plus the Ushers need IMO a decent amp to make the most of their qualites. Have you thought about another Alpha 9?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts