Amp & speakers to go with pioneer blu-ray player

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

Saving some of my hard earned to get my home cinema sorted over the next few months. I've decided on the sony 40-w4500 tv and the pioneer bdp-lx71 blu-ray player. Trouble is I don't really fancy spending £1500 on the recommended amp, the pioneer sc-lx81. Instead would the yamaha dsp-ax863se be suitable?

My room is 4m by 5m and I'll be getting style speakers (the wife told me). Leaning towards the kef 3005se or the b&w mt-30 packages. £1500 for an amp in my room and speaker size seems a bit over kill. I know I've picked all award winners but other speaker amp suggestions would be gratefully received. I'm not going for window shaking loud, I'm after detail and agility with a wide sound stage.

Looking forward to the replies.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
You will be fine with those choices, i would have a look at Svenoaks as ive seen some stores are doing good deals with the Kef and Yamaha range and after an audition who knows what you end up with. Value for money, is definetly the Yamaha amp and the Pioneer bdp-lx71 can be yours for £500. If it was me i would save on the blu-ray player and get the matching Sony 550 with the Yamaha amp and B&W mt-30 which you probably be able to get for £2000, or if you can persuade you wife the B&W theatre 685. I cant see you ll get huge gains in an expensive blu-ray player unless using a projector or 50-60" Plasma, i still use a ps3 and picture wise its great also upscales dvd well.

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
I like where your coming from. I'm afraid its a no go for larger speaker package as the wife isn't overly happy about the amount of cash this is going to cost (something about decorating) and the amount of space those speakers take up.

You are of course right about auditioning these various product but its always nice to hear other views and experiences.

I was thinking about that particular player mainly for future upgradability of other components.

TRENDING THREADS