Amp recommendations for Focal Chorus Prestige 807w?

I am looking for help with an amp for my new Focal 807w's. After researching for 3 months and deciding, then finding, the 807w I hope to find a decent amp for them. I will be using it as a 2 channel, and its in a 15x23 room. At this time I am trying to keep it under $1500, at least for the next year or 2 as I have gone a little nuts with Focal in my Tundra and the breaks have been put to me if you know what I mean.

Note: my main music source is digital Mp3@320 and Flac via optical mac or usb. My lp's and cd's won't be available for a long time due to remodel.

Considering so far...

Rega Brio R, NAD 3020, Peachtree Nova, Marantz ? forgot the model, Arcam A29 &19, and Hegel H70.

quite the variance I know, I just don't know what amps are sounding like nowadays, I know Marantz, McIntosh are warm which I think I will like for the Focal, but neutral sound is the key. Heck I am all over the place so I turned here for input.

Maybe a top 3 concensus under ($1,500 new or used) would help everyone as I haven't found many threads on Focal amp matching under $4500 or so, which I can't do until some "honeydoos" are mark as completed.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I can only provide a general view.

From what i read, Focal produce several families of speakers with a consistent 'Focal sound'.

I am using a Yamaha RX-A1020 to drive a pair of Focal Aria 936s, and am enjoying the clarity with vocals, plus the extended bass - well extended enough that I probably will not need to bother adding a sub-woofer. The source material is either the TV, or FLAC files from a memory stick.

In the past, I have found that both Arcam and Yamaha amps, suit the same types of speakers, so I think that you should certainly consider Arcam. Unfortunately I have no experience with the other amps on your list, so cannot give a valid opinion about them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts