Amp Overheating!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone out there help?

After listening to my system for about an hour and a half today, the amp shut down due to overheating. I've had the system for about 9 months and don't get the chance to listen to it the way i want to very often (loud). Only about half volume though!

Is this normal? How will I ever be able to hold a party! I have 2 teenage daughters! HELP!

The system comprises: NAD C320BEE amp, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C disc player, KEF IQ5 speakers with decent cabling, all on a proper rack. The amp has around 3 inches air clearance on the top to breathe.

I know it's not top end equipment, but surelly it should be able to handle more than this?!?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
It may be the NAD's soft clipping circuit that protected the amp from being abuesd! If you like it very lound try the bigger brother C372. 12 o' clock listening volume is very loud, poor amp.....I really should be contact RSPCAmp! :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Thaiman.

I wanted the Roksan Kandy originally, looks like I may have to save up, or hope Father Christmas is in a good mood!

I am disappointed about the NAD though. Obviuosly it's my ignorance, but I thought it would do more than it does. The system sounds great (for the money) at normal listening levels though.

nads

In 20+ years of nad amp ownership i have never had one cut out due to over heating. and this has included some mad parties.

i would be getting it looked at by the supplying shop.

something is not right, unless you are just asking TOO much from it.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
12 o'clock is maximum usable volume on most amps, which should be pretty loud as the KEFs are reasonably sensitive, how large is your room?

A

Anonymous

Am I missing something here? The 12 o'clock position cannot surely be near maximum usage. Surely about 4 o'clock is. 12 o'clock on all amps I have used is nowhere near maximum. That includes vintage amps, modern rotels, nads, sony, bose, pioneer and plenty of jvcs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts