Amp for Monitor Audio RX2? Marantz 6003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just purchaced a pair of the Monitor Audio RX2's and I'm trying to find the right amp for them

I'm considering the Marantz PM 6003. Does anyone have any expierence with this pairing?

Does anyone know how the Arcam Diva A75 (used) would pair with the RX2's. Would it be a better amp than the marantz or rotel ra-04se.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hello.You should be ok with PM6003 and RX2.I have Martantz PM7003 with Monitor Audio rx2 and the sound is superb the best combo I`ve ever had.

matthewpiano

The A75 is a better amp than either the Marantz or the Rotel, good though they are. The Arcam/MA synergy is often touted as being good so its worth a try. I'll be finding out for myself when I audition some RX1s next week...

TS:
I've just purchaced a pair of the Monitor Audio RX2's and I'm trying to find the right amp for them

I'm considering the Marantz PM 6003. Does anyone have any expierence with this pairing?

Does anyone know how the Arcam Diva A75 (used) would pair with the RX2's. Would it be a better amp than the marantz or rotel ra-04se.

Thanks

Hi Tim

Nice one and i hope you will enjoy the BX2's for many years to come.
emotion-1.gif

Yes, i have heard the PM6003 with the BX2's. There are other amplifiers such as the RA-04SE which are even better though.

If you are happy to consider used amplifiers then Rotel's superb RA-1062 is vastly superior to PM6003, RA-04SE and the Diva A75. The RA-1062 even betters the highly regarded A85 which itself is quite a step up from the A75.

Another used amp to also consider is the PM64 from Marantz. PM64's are hard to find however the effort is well worth it as the PM64 betters all these amplifiers.

Anyway Tim i wish you well in your search for a suitable amplifier.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
TS,

I would recommend a demo and trust your ears.I auditioned rotel and marantz at sevenoaks and found the rotel sound not to my liking and chose the marantz.However knowledgeable the hifi dealers are,sometimes they do get influenced by factors other than pure sound quality during the running of their business.

A

Anonymous

sorry for the thread hijack....

rick, if you pick this up..

where would you rate the marantz pm7000 ? compared to the amps mentioned above? and in particular compared to the yamaha a-s500? as im considering a change.. thanks..

T

the record spot

The MAs want something further up the ladder IMO, good though the Marantz is. They'll respond well to a good dose of power, but budget amps would be off my particular shopping list (no offence anyone else). See what you're budget will get you going down the dealer ex-dem or used route. Likely a far better result in the end.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The PM6003 was sounding pretty amazing the KEF launch with the Q100's and Q300's, so it is a very capable amplifier. Whether that's a testament to the KEF speakers or the system's synergy I'm not sure, as I didn't have the option of trying other amplification the time. As far as power and current are concerned, this is where I think the Rotel's shine. The RX2's have a lot of bass to control, and not every amp is up that job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts