Amp for AirTunes and Diamond 9.1s

bartlett23

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Afternoon all.

I was on the verge of getting a Marantz CR 603 the other day but decided against it as I don't think I need all the features. Most of my music is ripped off CD or bought on iTunes but I want a better way to amplify it than my old Denon. Music will be coming from a Mac via Airport Express.

I was thinking the Rega Brio-R? Would this be too good for my Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s? I need front ported speakers due to space so could upgrade these at some point.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

John Duncan

Honestly can't say whether they would go well together (you should hear them to make up your own mind), but I've heard the 9.1s sound really, really good with even quite exotic (£1k+) amps so I wouldn't be worried about overamping them, so to speak.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Although you need to try. I wouldn't be worried about the amp is too good for the speakers line. When I sold a pair of MA BR1s I tested them on end of a Musical Fidelity amp and they sounded fantastic. Wish I'd done it before I'd actually sold them :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Wharfedale Diamonds always sounded best on the end of amps costing far more than they did, all the way back to when the first ones were launched in 1985 :)

TRENDING THREADS